Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Strawberry Ice Cream

Have I mentioned how much I love Elana's Pantry? Back in the summer I really wanted an ice cream maker but was deterred by the hubs. Recently I was out yard saling and found a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream maker for $8! Score!! So, I decided to give Elana's Homemade Strawberry and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream a try! Mine did not look like the version in her picture. Perhaps it's because I omitted the agave. It was still good but more like Italian Ice. It was my first try at ice cream so I'll give it another try!

Strawberry Ice Cream
(1) 13.5 ounce can coconut milk
(1) 10 ounce package frozen strawberries
¼ cup agave nectar **I omitted
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon vanilla beans (optional) ** I added



Blend all ingredients in a blender
Pour into ice cream maker and process according to instructions
Serve

No comments: