Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Key West Ribs - Slow Cooker Style

So I decided to try this new recipe in the slow cooker. Since I work a split shift it's hard for me to get home at 7pm and do anything let alone make dinner. Enter the slow cooker. I swear besides the griddle it is the best invention ever.. even better than the printing press... well perhaps not that great, but still.. very great.

So as of this moment it's still simmering in its' yumminess and we haven't tried it. We'll be eating it in about 40 minutes. Of course I'll give the official taste testers opinion when we have eaten it.

So, the recipe:

Pork ribs ( I used boneless) about 1.86 lbs
1/2c bbq sauce (I used Stubbs)
1/2c orange juice
2 T Lime Juice
1/4 c chopped onion

Put the ribs in the crock pot. Mix the last 4 ingredients together and pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.

I'm serving with a side salad and pineapple chunks.

No comments: