Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paleo, Crustless Quiche Lorraine

I was inspired by the awesome quiche my sister made for my baby shower, but didn't want to make it on a regular basis because it uses a crust and half and half (which makes it amazing by the way)! I found this recipe and am in love. I ate it for breakfast this morning and know it is already a breakfast staple in my house! I have to get up and out of the house so quick in the morning, it's nice to have a quick breakfast which I feel good eating!

Paleo Crustless Quiche Lorraine!
Thanks, http://recipeoftheweek.blogspot.com/2007/02/crustless-quiche-lorraine.html

4 eggs
1 cup half & half (*I used 1 cup coconut milk)
diced green onions
crumbled bacon or sliced ham (* used diced ham)
Swiss cheese slices
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of nutmeg

Beat eggs with half & half and add salt and nutmeg. In a buttered shallow baking dish, crumble bacon and add diced green onions. Place cheese slices over all. Pour egg mixture over the cheese layer. Bake at 350 till slightly brown and the quiche should not jiggle in the center. Should take about 45 minutes.

So easy!!!