Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Paleo Banana Bread

I love banana bread. One of my favorite candle scents is banana bread and one of my favorite snacks is warm banana bread with some grass fed butter. Heaven. I was recently inspiried by some awesome paleo banana bread made by the lovely Siu at Queen City CrossFit. I finally got around to making my own! I love this recipe. Super easy to make and I separated it into 2 different loaves. I think next time I'll make one regular loaf and one with chocolate chips!

Enjoy!
Thanks for the recipe, robbwolf.com/2011/04/21/recipe-paleo-banana-bread/

2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup flaxseed meal
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup chopped nuts (I used pecans)
4 really ripe bananas (mashed well)
2 tbsp local honey
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, add the mashed bananas, eggs, honey, and vanilla and mix well. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Stir until combined. Normally with breads or muffin recipes, you don’t want to overmix, but since there’s no gluten here, mix to your heart’s content. The muffins won’t get gummy or icky. Fill greased muffin tins, baking cups, mini-loaf pans or big loaf pans about 3/4 full. Bake muffins for 23-25 minutes and loaves for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.