Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Friday, April 17, 2009

Zoned Baked Oatmeal

This is my new favorite oatmeal breakfast! Even the official taste-tester who loves his bacon and eggs in the morning loves this one! I like to do a mix of strawberries and blueberries and add just a few chopped up nuts. I make it the night before for a quick on the go breakfast, but I imagine (though I haven't tried it) that it is amazing straight from the oven!! If you like cinnamon, I'd add more!

Baked Oatmeal - Makes 4 -3 Block Portions
Ingredients:
3 cups rolled oats
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. sea salt
½ cup applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups egg substitute
1 cup milk
4 scoops Protein Powder (28g protein per scoop)
½ cup blueberries or 1 cup strawberries - diced (I used 1/4 c bluberries and 1/2 c strawberries)

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl except fruit. Add milk, fold in strawberries or blueberries. Lightly spray a 9x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place mixture into pan. Bake around 30 minutes. I test the center with a toothpick.

No comments: