Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Friday, October 06, 2006

Butternut Squash Soup and "Sammies"





Well, the recipe for the Butternut squash soup is below, under "First Day of Autumn". I made it tonite and to accompany the soup, I made Rachael Ray's Deviled Ham Sammies or Mug Toppers. Pics of both are above.

I love the soup! So flavorful and low in calories and fat. I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and fat free no/low sodium chickn broth. Plus, you have to love the golden color! It's beautiful!

The Sammies were good, but next time I make them I will only put in maybe 1 & 1/2 T mustard and 1/2 T paprika. It was a little intense. The butcher didn't have white cheddar so I went with the regular kind!

A great "getting cold" treat! YUM!

2 sandwich size English muffins, split
3/4 pound boiled deli ham, chopped
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons hot sauce
3 to 4 tablespoons yellow mustard, squirt top bottle -- eyeball it
A handful parsley, curly or flat
8 deli slices, about 8 to 10 ounces, white sharp Cheddar

Heat toaster oven or broiler then toast split English muffins. While muffins toast, grind ham with paprika, hot sauce, mustard, and parsley in a food processor. Spread ham on toasted muffins. Top each muffin half with 2 slices Cheddar and melt cheese in toaster oven or under broiler.

No comments: