Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Cranberry Apple "Cheese"cake

I decided to try something from the Rawmazing website for the CFN Farewell to Brent Bash. It didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, but I am definitely going to try it again because I think it's worth it! I think there were 3 big problems to my version 1) I tried to hurry it and didn't read the total instructions before I started so time was a issue, 2) I had a 10" spring-form not a 6" which made it rather flat to cover the surface instead of high and 3) the directions I printed were from the tastykitchen blog which was the same title of recipe, but this version went into greater details so I wish I would have read both before .. but it tasted good and I'll definitely try it again!

Cranberry Apple "Cheese"cake

Crust:

1 C Almonds
4 Dates, soaked until soft with pit removed

Topping:

3 Apples, peeled and sliced thinly
1/4 C Agave
1/2 t. Cinnamon
1/3 C Dried Cranberries
2 T Coconut Butter
1/3 C Crust

Filling:

2 C Cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
1 t. Lemon juice
1/2 C Coconut Butter (softened in dehydrator)
1/4 C Agave
1 t. Vanilla
1 t. Cinnamon
1/4 t cloves
1/4 t nutmeg

Read Through This Recipe Before Beginning

2 hours before: Combine apples, agave and cinnamon. Place on non-stick dehydrator sheet and dehydrate at 116 for 2 hours, stirring once during dehydration.

Make crust: Place almonds in food processor. Process until finely ground. Add dates, process until well mixed. Set aside 1/3 cup of the crust. Press remaining into spring form pan. I used a 6″ for this recipe. You may have extra crust. Place in refrigerator.

Make Filling: Combine all ingredients in food processor. Process until smooth. This will take a bit. Pat over crust and return to refrigerator. Finish Topping: Combine dehydrated apples, dried cranberries, coconut butter and 1/3 C crust. Press over top of cheesecake. Return to refrigerator and chill for 2 hours before serving. Slice with sharp knife. Serves 8.

No comments: