Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Friday, April 23, 2010

Paleo Meatloaf


I wanted to create a flavorful and delicious meatloaf for lunch. So, I took some advice from CrossFit Dallas Central and made a couple of alterations. It resulted in a delicious meat-y dish that I now love. It's ridiculously fast and forgiving and you can add your favorite things to it!

Paleo Meatloaf:

2 lbs. Ground Beef (I used 1# 91% Laura's Lean and 1# Kroger "natural's")
1 Bell pepper finely diced
1 White or yellow onion (approx. 1/2 lb.) finely diced
2 large eggs
Black Pepper to taste
1/2c Almond Flour
3+ Strips bacon

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees and adjust to the middle rack. Combine everything except for the bacon, put in a loaf pan. Top with bacon slices. Bake for 35-45 minutes.

Next Time:
I would add a little more salt and pepper
I would add garlic
I would add more bacon
Add carrots

No comments: