Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Monday, August 17, 2009

Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin



This is my favorite recipe by far! I wish I would have remembered the red pepper and garlic! But I was trying to get it ready really quick before work! Next time!! It's not the best picture ever, but you get the idea!

1 - 2lb pork tenderloin
pork seasoning - I used Old Bay
1 pkt Ranch dressing mix
2 cans chx broth
1 can crm of mushroom soup
1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes * I Forgot
2 cloves minced garlic * I forgot

Liberally season tenderloin with pork seasoning.

Sear the pork loin in a large skillet preheated over medium high heat using 1/3 cup canola oil. Approximately 5 to 6 minutes per side.

While the pork is searing pour one can of cream of mushroom soup into your slow cooker, along with two cans of chicken broth. Add one envelope of ranch salad dressing mix (dry) and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and 2 cloves of minced garlic.


Place the seared pork into the slow cooker, cover and set to 4 - 6 hours or cook on high for 2 hours and low for 4 hours.

I did not do this step:
After 6 hours, remove pork loin from slow cooker and allow to rest. While the loin is resting, ladle the gravy into a sauce pan and thicken with flour or cornstarch and season to taste. I thickened our gravy with a little flour and seasoned with salt, pepper and Herbs de Provence.

For more pictures click here

No comments: