Click on Bold Words

For links to the recipes in the posts, click on the bolded pink words!  

Sunday, May 18, 2008

June 2008 Everyday Food Magazine

If you haven't already picked up your copy, I highly recommend you do so ASAP! This is full of fantastic recipes! I only rec'd my copy a few days ago and have already tried 2 menus and loved them!

The first is Grilled Steak Sandwiches with Goat Cheese and Arugula. I cut the recipe down from it feeding 8 ppl to a recipe suitable for 2 ppl. Official taste tester recommends toasting the baguette to make it easy to eat. Seriously one of my new fav steak sandwiches! I think even Grill Master Phil would approve! Serve it with the amazing twice-bake potatoes, and you can't go wrong!

This is a really easy and yummy meal. I did skip the mustard in the recipe because we don't care for it, but don't skip the goat cheese, it' fantastic!

The second amazing recipe out of this issue is the brown-sugar bbq chicket drumettes. It's so good! It's actually funny, b/c as I was reading this recipe, I thought, wow! this is mom's bbq chicken recipe! Mom has always made her bbq sauce with ketchup and brown sugar, so I am glad the rest of the world is catching up. I served with corn on the cob, but not the corn on the cob with cheesy butter that they recommended, that seemed a little intense! Kids would love this meal, of course I did too...

The next thing I can't wait to try:

Pineapple-Stuffed Jerk Chicken

I'll let you know how it is!

No comments: